Most of my readers have figured out that I live in a college apartment, which means I have roommates. They are my victims for my famous diet.
My apartment mate, Darryl, wanted to try my diet with me: he made me chocolate crinkles. Darryl is the author of Aoifitness, a fitness blog. Ironic? Definitely. Did I care? Not after these cookies.
These cookies are not only simple but delicious. The secret was using Devil’s Food cake. Darryl left me one tip and one tip only, avoid adding too much oil, lean on the lower side: the oil makes the dough sticky and difficult to work with.
Not to worry Darryl, I’ll keep that in mind. I have an idea for cake batter flavored crinkles already… hang tight fellow readers!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil’s food cake mix (Betty Crocker Super Moist suggested)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- confectioners’ sugar for rolling
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or M&Ms, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Stir (by hand) dry cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms. Add chocolate chips or M&Ms if you’d like
- Dust hands with confectioners’ sugar and shape dough into 1″ balls.
- Roll balls in confectioners’ sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
- Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.