Chocolate chip cookie cupcakes were the spotlight of my friend’s birthday party. People raved over the unique decorations, supreme taste, and inventive components. My friends kept asking for more even three days after the party! I’ve also had a handful of people approach me about the recipe so here it is! The cupcake itself was very light like a sprinkle’s cupcake. the dough was chewy and the frosting was slightly thick so everything came together extremely well.
This cupcake consists of four different layers:
- Chocolate chip cookie flavored cupcake
- Chocolate chip cookie dough
- Chocolate chip cookie dough frosting
- Chocolate chip cookies
I’d like to note that these cupcakes were adapted from Annie’s Eats. I have modified the recipe for the chocolate chip cookies used (I substituted my personal favorite) and I changed the chocolate chips used to suit the mini natures of these cupcakes.
So lets get started!
Mini chocolate chip cookie cupcakes
1.5 cups Light Brown Sugar, packed
2 ⅔ cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
1 cup Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Bean
1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1 serving Cookie Dough Filling
1 serving Cookie Dough Frosting
24 Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325℉. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine the butter and brown sugar. Beat on medium high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir. While mixing on low speed, add half of dry ingredients, milk and then the other half of the dry ingredients. Blend in the vanilla and fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between the cupcake liners and bake for 16 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 3 to 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The result: soft light cupcakes that weren’t too sweet. This cupcake actually reminded me of Sprinkle’s cinnamon cupcake without the cinnamon. Mostly, the texture was very soft, almost spongey and the flavor was light and subtle.
Chocolate Chip Cookie ‘Dough’
6 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar, packed
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
7 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ cup Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream on medium high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until incorporated and smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture has firmed up.
Chocolate Chip Flavored Frosting
¾ cup Light Brown Sugar
3 ½ cups Confectioners Sugar
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
¾ tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Milk
2 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Beat together the butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Mix in confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Beat in flour and salt.
- Mix in milk and vanilla extract until smooth and well blended.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
make these cookies shaping them into little 1/4 to 1/3 inch balls. Make enough for the cupcakes and feel free to make a few normal sized cupcakes to munch on afterwards!
- Take a cupcake and cut out a v-shaped cone using a paring knife.
- Fill the cupcake with a small ball of cookie dough. Cut off the sharp part of the cone and replace the remainder of the cone on top of the cupcake.
- Pipe frosting on top.
- Top the frosting off with a mini chocolate chip cookie and a few chocolate chips.
Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe
Love your cupcakes! They look superb. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday and I’d love it if you’d come by and link your cupcakes up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-22.html
Hi Lisa, What a wonderful idea you got going there! You can expect these cupcakes to make an appearance 🙂